Over 500 employees and volunteers dedicate themselves to supporting members of our communities in the Greater Waterbury, Torrington, Meriden and Danbury areas every day. Teachers and Education aides; case managers and social workers; intake specialists; and so many others, all working together to fulfill our mission and vision. New Opportunities is proud to be the fourth largest employer in the Waterbury area!
Our Mission is to improve the quality of life for individuals and families by providing access to the necessary resources and services to sustain and/or increase their standard of living, foster self-sufficiency and maximize self-empowerment.
- Maintaining a work ethic that insists on professionalism and confidentiality while demonstrating trust, compassion, respect and a willingness to extend ourselves to others.
- Assuring that our staff is committed to high quality service delivery in an efficient, effective and consistent manner.
- Providing a safe and secure environment for both our staff and visitors.
- Assuring that our staff is knowledgeable about all of our services and prepared to refer to other providers when New Opportunities cannot provide the service.
- Providing an organizational environment that maximizes morale by emphasizing teamwork, internal collaboration and growth potential for all employees.
New Opportunities values each and every employee. We would like to tell you about our exciting job opportunities, pride in being a member of the New Opportunities community, and our continued efforts in Building Relationships to End Poverty. New Opportunities is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
If you would like to join the New Opportunities family of dedicated, skilled, and caring people, please view our current job openings and apply.
New Opportunities Inc. endeavors to make our job postings accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our job postings or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the Human Resource office at (203) 575-4342.
- Programs & Services
- Get Started
- Take Action
- News & Events
- About Us